The informal sector absorbs more jobseekers than the white-collar jobs. It also creates more new jobs each year than the formal sector. It is however characterized by unprofessionalism and little growth. CoWA believes that the informal sector holds the key to the unemployment problem. Youth Enterprise development is geared towards strengthening micro and small enterprises so that they can grow, improve the quality of their businesses and create new jobs. This is achieved through:
- Entrepreneurship workshops and training targeted at the youth.
- Business mentorship and coaching programmes from professionals.
- Business incubation support Programme for the youths.
- Managing revolving funds for business start-up tools for the youths.
- Business competitions for youth on yearly basis.
- Networking and referral programmes for the youths.